Monday, February 9, 2015

February


I can’t believe it’s been..over a month of “official” training!

Work training took me to San Francisco last week, so there were a few days of weird hotel-training… swimming in a 16-yard pool, core work in the hotel room…and running along the water!  That was really nice, I love SF and it was a great way to see some of my favorite places while also getting my workout done.  Starting from the Ferry terminal, I went northwest up to the maritime museum, and got a gorgeous view of the city at sunset…then running back down to AT&T stadium in the dark.  The nice thing about that path/trail is it is so well lit, and with the bright city on the other side of the street and tourists everywhere, it was a really pleasant night run!

Then I got home and had a swim and then a 2.5 hour trainer ride and I got tired.

Anyway, a fresh week now.  Fresh projects at work, too, so kind of settling into a “new” routine.  I noticed I have some longer swims on my schedule in the next couple weeks, so we’ll see how that goes; I was feeling a little better about swimming and then last week happened and I seem to have lost any and all ability in the pool.  Patience…..

A rest day today is good.  I’ve been blaming “travel” on my slight lethargy and lack of motivation so hopefully today will be good for me and I can hit it hard tomorrow!  138 days, whaaaaat?!

No comments:

Post a Comment