Thursday, February 12, 2015

Still more swimming...

Since apparently swimming is always on my mind… 3000 yards today.  Which was basically 1000 yards of some random stuff, then..2000 yards straight.  Zzzzzz.  Also, exceptionally slow.  And my shoulders kind of hurt, but it forced me to rotate more in the water because that made it not hurt, so I guess that’s good (also means they probably hurt because of my terrible form).  I really need to get another couple lessons set up.  Busy busy busy!

I’m just trying to tell myself its ok.  I’m not about to win a swim race, and I don’t particularly want to.  The goal is to survive the swim and get onto the bike and be strong.  And while it may feel like forever, that extra time on the swim in an ironman is actually not that long, in the grand scheme of the entire day.  So, there's that.  It's kind of hard to believe that though, when it feels so awful.

Speaking of being strong on the bike after a swim, it’s good to have someone force me on the trainer more!  And have actual workouts, not just spinning idly on the bike.  This has been a pretty light week (makes sense, 6th week in) but overall Shawn is definitely making sure I am working hard.  Which I know is making me stronger, so I love it (while also hating it).  Super looking forward to consistently nicer weather on the weekends too, because riding outside (when it’s usually just a long ride with no set workout) is a million times better.
I feel conflicted sometimes—I love the bike the most, but sometimes I feel it’s out of habit, like I’m trying to convince myself I love it the most.  But that’s on the trainer.  As soon as I’m on the bike outside, there is no question.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment