Monday, January 26, 2015

Back on Track


Alright, so things are..going.

Being sick really took it out of me.  A few skipped workouts and a few shorted/easy workouts, and now I’m back full steam ahead.. but still have a nagging runny nose.  L  seems like everyone is sick, so I guess there’s no escaping it!  At this point it’s not really holding me back, so just dealing with the runny nose is annoying but…Live-able.

Swimming is..swimming.  There are better days and there are worse days.  I think I might be marginally improving but there’s really not much to go off of at this point.  And I need to just quit worrying about it.  I do think a couple more lessons would be good, because I find myself really focusing on my form and trying to get it right, but I know it’s pretty disastrous.  Hopefully fixing up my form will help with everything else!

I do feel like I’m going backwards as far as running goes…running faster is a lot harder than it was just a month or two ago.  On the other hand, I know that’s “ok,” and expected..even intentional.  As my coach even pointed out to me, you can’t always be the best at something, and the important part is to peak on race day :) So, trying not to get too down about that and realize that it’s all part of the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment