Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Better? Maybe? Not.


I still haven’t gotten a new battery for the bike computer on my road bike.  (Which reminds me, I need to see if I can fix the one on my tri bike, it kind of…came apart…)  I keep forgetting…which means I don’t actually know my speed or anything, real-time.  Lately, this has been a “good” thing, since I know it’s more important to do what my body is happy with, rather than get frustrated and risk hurting myself more by trying to go faster.

Of course, yesterday I was feeling pretty good.  In fact, I felt pretty great for almost the whole time.  My neck wasn’t really bothering me too much, and my legs were finally feeling like they had some life to them.  Allen and I decided to do the 520 trail, which was a nice change of scenery (and I got to take him on it for the first time hehe).  I also hadn’t done that hill in almost a year, and I honestly felt great.  Granted, it’s been so long I can’t exactly remember how it felt the last time I did it, but I was going along thing “gee, I’m sure this is way faster than the last time I did it!  That’s good, at least I’m stronger than I was last year!”

Yeah yeah yeah, famous last words.  According to strava, it was a 3rd best time.  Ugh.  Not like I was pushing it, but..blehhh.  Kind of disappointing, after convincing myself I had probably shaved at least a minute off of my last fastest time, that's how good I felt....  Oh well.  I know it’s not a big deal.  But still.  :-P

Overall though, it was a good ride.  Even if I’m still a slowpoke, I guess it should just be humbling ;) And at least I felt a lot better.  Bright side!

Then I swam this morning.  I hate swimming.  I hate not knowing how I’m doing, whether it’s form or speed or what.  I just feel like I’m splashing along in the water like a cat.  I don’t know, it’s just hard to tell what benefit there is when I feel lost in the water no matter what.

In skin news, this sunburn sucks.  It’s like flakey scabby grossness, on top of already discolored, unhappy new skin.  On the one hand, I know that scars are not the end of the world, and it’s not like I’m vain enough to actually really care or think anyone else will care either… but it’s still kinda disconcerting to think that I could have giant, splotchy patches of scarred skin all over my shoulder/back…  :(  Only time will tell, and it’s too late to do anything about it now so I’m trying to not think about it too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment