Monday, August 4, 2014

Getting Busy!!


Well, things are certainly getting busier!

I am swimming a little faster, I think.  I’m not actually sure, it’s actually hard to tell.  If nothing else, I’m not feeling worse, so that’s good.  I still hate it, though.  There was a guy swimming next to me in the lane next to mine this morning, and of course he looked really slow, until I swam next to him and he shot past me at a million miles an hour.  Ughh.  On the plus side, it made me work really hard to keep up with him, so that was cool.  Actually pushing myself?!  In the water!?  Whaaat?!?!

Running is alright, honestly I don’t know how I feel about running right now.  I just haven’t really gotten into it at all in the last few months.  I love the idea of it, I love how it used to feel, but now, I just feel slow and tired when I run.  No energy.  But, I do it anyway.  I know it’ll come back, I just need to keep on going.  On the plus side, I don’t think I’m getting toooo much slower.  I know I can be faster, and it’s frustrating when I can’t even push myself and maintain it, but I’m not going backwards too much.  It just feels that way.  I think part of it is the mindset; with the marathon, I was much more focused on getting the time and distance in, and not really paying attention to my pace.  I knew what ballpark to shoot for every time I ran, but it wasn’t a huge concern to me.  Now, I’m a lot more conscious about pace.  Oh well.

Didn’t do much (or any) road biking since last Wednesday, which feels like forever!  But, at least I finally got to go mountain biking again :)  Good to be getting back to normal, although I was SUPER sore the next day, and my back was less than happy.

Speaking of which, went to the chiropractor today.  He was able to find plenty of things that could be contributing to the pain (and my limited range of motion), and I can already twist and turn my head more than I could before I went!  Going again on Thursday, so we’ll see.

Currently stressing: wheels.  Oh my gosh.  Come on, fedex!!  Bike is all packed to go (yayyy thanks to awesome friends!) and now I just need those silly wheels!  Can't even believe we are leaving in 3 days.  Holy cow.  Commence panic attack now!

No comments:

Post a Comment