Friday, July 18, 2014

Growing Skin


I’m getting antsy!  All the road rash is healing up nicely, and it’s crazy to see the new skin growing in!  I’m still covered in tegaderm, but at least I’m not leaking anymore ;)

For the most part, I have entered the itchy phase, I think.  Driving..me..crazy..

Unfortunately, I still have some areas that are painful, and just walking does hurt.  I can’t really imagine pedaling, or running just yet, which is frustrating because the rest of my body feels relatively “fine” enough to at least start doing some light exercise.  But the painful spots are actually painful and I don’t think it’s worth it.  I had really hoped I would be back to normal (and even swimming) on Monday, but I’m not so sure that will happen now.  Maybe if I’m lucky I can do some light spinning.  Or slow jogging.  For a short time.  :-\

Looking at my training schedule is actually depressing.  A whole week of NOTHING, when I should be getting some good distance in.  I know my bike and run is ok, I mean…I won’t be improving and I won’t be getting faster but at least I know I can do the distance.  But taking the time off of swimming is not good.  :(  As much as I dislike swimming, I know I need to keep at it if I want to improve..and that it is the one area where I really NEED to improve.  A lot.  So not only am I losing time to improve, I’m losing time to maintain at all.

Do I even want to go to Nationals if I’m going to be so slow in the water?  Not that I think I’ll be fast by in any means, in any leg, but at least the bike and run should be decent enough that I won’t look too stupid.  But at this rate, I’ll be the last out of the water.

It’s probably too early to be worrying about this.  I need to heal first.  Hmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment