Monday, March 16, 2015

Tutus Make You Faster!


Summary of the 2015 Kirkland Shamrock Run (5k):

Rainy.  Warm.  Shorts and tank top (and tutu), it is!

It’s all uphill.  Seriously, where did all this uphill come from?  Why is there no downhill?  (note: ok so it was just lots and lots up uphills, and then downhills were so steep and short that it just seemed like it was only uphill…)

Just keep running.  Harder.  Keep going.  Shut up, lungs!  You can breathe when you're done!

5k is really short!

Finished 2nd overall female (if you don’t count the guy who was accidentally recorded as female), with a time of 21:29.  I’m actually really happy with myself, that’s like a 6:55/mi average, and with it seriously being so hilly, I definitely exceeded my expectations.  Yes, that means you could kick it up on the down, but holy cow, the up!!!  It's time for me to believe in myself more, I think.

Anyway, it was really really really fun.  Now that I think about it, I’ve never done just a 5k before!  So funny how short it is!  But kind of awesome.  Love pushing it HARD.

No comments:

Post a Comment