Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Disneyland and Back Again


We went to Disneyland, and it was great!  7 adults and one 1 five-year-old.  Because, duh. :) So much fun eating alllllll the food (mostly desserts) and going on rides and buying things and basically being a kid!  And being in the SUNSHINE wasn’t too awful, either.  But, all good things must come to an end, and now we are back home.  Which is fine and all, except…it’s not Disneyland!

Before leaving, Shawn told me not to worry about workouts and just have fun.  So I did.  We walked a lot; using my garmin 920 as a pedometer, it calculated 13+ miles each day of walking, and although I’m sure that’s not entirely accurate, it was certainly “a lot.”  I also ate…a lot.  But it was great.  It was really nice to do “whatever” and not stress or worry about not getting in a workout, etc etc etc.  So, I was happy with that.  On the other hand, we didn’t exactly get a lot of “rest” since we were walking all day, plus getting up at 5:30am every day to get to the parks early.  So that was a bummer, but at least my brain got a break from it!

But I knew that meant that I’d be hitting the training hard as soon as I got back, and Shawn’s update to my schedule did not disappoint!  :P  Back to the pool this morning for 5700 yards.  Yes, that’s right.  5700.  That’s a lot of yards.  Especially for me.  Oh my gosh.

But, I got it done.  Decently (for me), although I was definitely fading by the second half.  Mac gave me a gu when I had about 1200 to go and it helped energize me enough to finish strong…..ish.  I’m happy I got it done, but I’m not looking forward to doing it again on Saturday!!  :-\  Oh well.

Run and bike tomorrow, then another swim and run Friday before another full weekend of loooong workouts.  Mostly I just want to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment