Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Ho hum


Now what?

Nike Women’s Half Marathon was a week ago, and it was fun.  Not too much to say about it: spent a great weekend with the girls in San Francisco, then ran for 13.1 miles.  Good times.  :)  Bummed it was so foggy and didn’t get to see any of the views (I had no idea we ran right by the Golden Gate Bridge…) but I guess it made for good running weather..?

Now I’m kind of stalling, though.  I know it’s ok, I know this is expected..but I am getting restless and feel lazy!  I think I’ll do the Seattle Half Marathon at the end of November, so that’ll be my next “thing” to look forward to, and I guess I’ll keep trying to run and bike during the week.  Still no pool.  Not going to lie, I really do not miss swimming..but I am getting anxious about how much it’s going to suck to start again!

I’ve gone in for my first round of testing with Cycle Science Training, which was pretty neat.  Did V02/lactate and some max wattage test or something on the bike.  This week will be running, and then one more time for FTP and stuff like that on the bike.  It will be interesting to see all the results!  Just from the first day, they seemed politely impressed and nice about my results haha.  We’ll see :) Mostly I just think it’s really cool to see the numbers and relate them to myself… I “know” what the lactate thresehold means and what it does, but seeing the data real-time, and feeling my legs absolutely die right when the numbers showed it..pretty cool :)

No comments:

Post a Comment